Aladdin ...How are you holding uP?????

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tucker, Nov 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Just thinking about you and hope your tests are ok and surgery will be soon!

Hugs-a-bunch
    Danny

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Danny, you are so thoughtful.

Last I heard she is still waiting for cardio clearance.

3. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

How thoughtful, Danny. :)

Yes, how are you, Aladdin?

4. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I sent her a text message inquiring about her tests and clearance for surgery. No response yet.

5. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

She's made 3 calls to the hospital today and no news yet. Sigh...

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Still no clearance...cardiologist nurse said waiting for another test result...my surgeon's nurse has no word either...same facility...same university...maybe these darn computers are too complicated and we need some good old fashion people via people

i'm trying not to cry...but some tears are shedding :-\ :(

7. Daize

Daize New Member

Aladdin - caring thoughts with you.

:-*

8. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Aladdin, what are you having done? I'll say Prayers for you!

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

IT'S A GO

10. tm53

tm53 New Member

Outstanding! Thoughts and prayers with you.....

Tom

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

merci

12. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

YAHHHHHH - I'll be routin for ya, hang in there and keep us updated. :-*

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

mastoid/right posterior semicircular canal occlusion (modified) canal plugging - plug the hole in my right temporal lobe/superior canal...general anesethic...3-5 hours...dremmel to the head and plug canal with bone/ i'll copy and paste

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Is it tomorrow?

15. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

A modified form:
    Posterior semicircular canal occlusion is performed under general anesthesia. An incision is made immediately behind the ear. The incision follows the natural curve of the skin crease where the back of the outer ear meets the skin of the skull. While working under a high-power surgical microscope, some of the mastoid bone behind the ear is removed (mastoidectomy). Removing some of the mastoid is done to expose the bone surrounding the posterior semicircular canal.

Once the bone of the posterior semicircular canal is identified, a small amount of bone in this area is carefully thinned to an eggshell-like thickness. At this time, a laser is used through the thinned bone to partially seal the posterior semicircular canal membrane, which lies deep to the bone. The laser, in effect, “welds” the walls of the membrane together. (Use of the laser has shortened hospital stay and reduced the amount of disequilibrium after posterior semicircular canal occlusion compared to treatment without the laser. [Antonelli, 1996]) After the laser is used, the thinned bone is carefully removed to expose the inner membrane of the posterior semicircular canal. The canal is then tightly occluded with a plug made of bone chips and a naturally occurring gel-like material known as fibrin glue. The bone chips eventually cause bone to grow in a part of the lumen of the posterior semicircular canal, which results in permanent occlusion. After plug insertion, a piece of tissue (known as temporalis fascia obtained from a muscle above the ear) is used to cover and further seal the opened area of the posterior semicircular canal. The skin incision is closed with sutures placed under the skin, which will eventually dissolve. A surgical dressing is kept in place for one to two days.

16. Daize

Daize New Member

oh my goodness! Prayers with you my friend.

Ruth

17. jabber

jabber New Member

Prayers, healing vibes still heading out and we'll all be with you all the way.
    Loretta

18. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

ps and I've shaved my legs for this?? hahaha

19. Daize

Daize New Member

Ditto to Loretta's reply

Ruth

20. Daize

Daize New Member

:D :D oh Aladdin, your legs so smooth :D you have quite the humor to what you will be going through. hugs