The Wit and Wisdom of My Buddy, Spence

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Henrysullivan, May 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I'll get some more up soon. Thank Spence.

2. Titus

Titus New Member

I imagine Spence is looking down on his dear friend, Hank. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him when we were in Lakeland.....but I know I shall.....one fine day!

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Yes, we missed on that opportunity. But I have learned in the past; God always gives us another chance. We will all meet again, and Jesus will be there with open arms.

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Regret looks back
    Worry looks around
    Faith looks up

There is quite a difference in which preposition one might choose.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Without discipline
    Vision is a fantasy
    Without vision
    discipline is drudgery

6. tm53

tm53 New Member

TY Hank

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Bonus just for Tom

Quit talking about your
    problems and
    begin talking about your
    problems to
    your mighty God

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

How old is this baby Jesus?
    On his mother's side
    a newborn infant
    on His father's side
    the ancient of days

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Darwin is dead
    Jesus Christ is alive
    ultimate survival
    of the fittest!

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hank, ya gotta explain this one to me. That could be said of every dead person that's ever died...? Dawin was special in some way?

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Darwin proposed the theory of evolution. "Survival of the fittest" is a term I expect that came from his book "Origin of the Species." So what Spence wrote is in opposition to Darwin, kind of a slap, if you will, saying that the fittest is Jesus. And sort of saying, "Hey Darwin, if you were so fit how come you're dead and Jesus is alive?" Maybe that is making sense.

I do not get into discussions on this topic, very much at least, because from my perspective it just really doesn't matter. Certain folks believe that if you interprete the Bible in a certain way that discounts the notion of evolution, then the Bible is notably wrong, and therefore not in fallible in what it says. Those folks say that what is written in the Bible cannot be true because the physical evidence available proves that it is incorrect. I say, "So what?" Nowhere in the Bible does the Bible claim to be literally true. But just because it is not literally true, if that be the case, that does not mean that it cannot be the Word of God. So all that argument, in my mind, is just folks who do not want to believe in God using science to demostrate why they are right in doing so. But they use a premise that is not established in the Bible as the proof that they are correct. So they prove nothing with physical evidence. That's why I say that this issue is irrelevant.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thanks Hank. I really enjot the wit and wisdom of your friend. I get a lot out of it and somes of the smiles are the first of my day. Keep 'em coming...

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

God's answers are
    wiser than our
    prayers

14. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Jesus is risen and
    Dispensing life to all who
    Believe

15. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Well isn't this the truth

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Grudges
    like babies
    grow larger
    when nursed

17. Titus

Titus New Member

18. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

bump it up Hank - come on, don't keep them all to yourself now =~)

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Abandon yourself to
    God
    Who will never
    abandon you

20. dolfan

dolfan Active Member