anyone interested in a healing request thread?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by AmandaJ, Nov 20, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

As some of you are aware i am a Reiki Healer and on my own site we have a healing request thread..the names are added to our weekly healing session.If anyone is interested i could start a healing request thread and add you to my list :-* :-* :-*

2. Trish

Trish Guest

That's a lovely idea amanda :)

3. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

ty trish...........i was thinking of posting it before.pre...new corner but amongst the battlefield it wasnt the right time..........it's what i love doing so thought what better place to ask than amongst tthose of us who need it most..... :-* :-*

4. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Go for it!

5. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

I didn't know you were into new age stuff--before my son moved to the Rockies, he lived in Austin, Texas, a Bohemian magnet, and when we visited, they would drag us to a vegan restaurant where they did Reiki energy work and massage on customers who wanted it. I didn't mind the massage and the Reiki, but the food was horrible. He now lives near a Colorado city where there is a healing center on every corner.

When did you get into this? Are you familiar with jin shin TARA? An old love of mine (who lives in the Colorado city near my son) practices this. Has your Reiki helped with your inner ear problems? I mean more than you would predict any other healthful practice would? Your pics always look healthy and happy and your posts are always positive, so my guess this is something that has helped you in your journey to health (I know you Brits have no access to quality Mexican food, so there must be some other explanation for your good health)

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

What is a "Reiki healer"? ???

7. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

I have to admitt I do not know what a Reiki healer is. But I have a thirst for learning so I say go for it too. :)

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I would love to know what a Reiki Healer is too... sounds interesting.

The thread would be great Amanda... thanks

9. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

Jim i started doing reiki about 3 years ago now.........i am a very spiritual person.......took me a while to figure out who i was and where i was going.....the reiki has helped me with a great deal of things.mentally and also physically.........before i got into it i was an emotional and mental wreck....and let things take over me it has given me a new outlook on all things and i knew my calling was always to help others...couldn't have done nursing don't like blood....so for me this was the next best thing..........i think one of my other friends is familiar with jin shin TARA as she herself lives somewhere over there......the reiki has helped with the inner ear troubles in the past..just when everything else kicks off i forget to self heal at times............but it also helps immensely with keeping me calm and relaxed when life gets a little stressful..........where i live there is a growing number of people with an interest in reiki and spiritual stuff (lol easier to say stuff when the mind isn't alert due to the medication ) and there is an american lady who now runs a little healing cottage here that said she had never known a place with so many people with an interst in spirituality :)

10. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i am cheating here as i have c n p'd this from my site

Reiki is a Japanese word meaning "Universal Life Energy"
    The traditional Reiki system of healing was founded by the Japanese theologist Dr Mikau Usui in Japan around the end of the last century.
    Reiki is a way of channelling healing energy safely and has 'built-in' protection for the healer. There is a time for everything and this is the time of healing.
    Problems have been produced by man misusing power and energy. It is now the responsibility of man to rectify these problems and repair the damage.
    There is a great change happening on this planet, the human race is evolving.
    At this time it is our birthright and duty to heal.
    Reiki is a simple healing technique that is easy to learn, by healing ourselves and our families; we allow love into our hearts and homes. When we heal those in need and send love and healing to mother earth we can help to raise the vibration of the whole planet.
    With Reiki we can bring more light and wisdom into our hearts and provide areal enrichment of our everyday lives.
    Reiki Training is simple and can be learnt by anyone who opens him-or herself
    to it. Children can also be 'initiated' into Reiki.
    Reiki not only promotes your well being but also has a positive effect on your emotional and spiritual equilibrium.
    Reiki is suitable for healthy and sick people of all ages.
    It can be used to replenish life force energy, strengthen the immune system and ward off disease.
    Following a Reiki Attunement or initiation the healer begins the process of self healing.The energy flowing through the healer's hands has a characteristic warmth which is very relaxing and comforting.
    The more opportunities the healer has to channel the Reiki energy the more powerful it becomes.
    Reiki is a wonderfully relaxing and spiritual experience.
    No healer can claim that they can cure but those of us who channel these healing energies know Reiki can produce amazing results.

11. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

and this is the other type of Reiki i also do

By opening / strengthening the energy channels of the body, it is possible to channel healing Reiki energy to yourself
    and others, just by intention.

What is Kundalini Reiki?

Kundalini Reiki is a very straight forward energy healing technique. It does not require intensive study or the use of complex procedures.
    A series of three attunements are given in order to open and strengthen the energy channels of your body, enabling
    the healing waves of Kundalini Reiki energy to flow through you and cleanse your body from energy blockages.
    Kundalini is a Sanskrit word for the powerful creative force in the human body, which lies dormant in most people at
    the base of their spine. It refers to the state in which certain healing channels and chakras have been opened, thereby gaining access to the Earth’s energy.The Kundalini energy is also referred to as "Kundalini
    Fire". When awakened,the energy runs all the way up through
    the body, through the main energy channel and out of the crown The energy channel goes from Root chakra to the crown chakra on the top
    of the head The root chakra, an energy center located near the coccyx, serves as the entrance for the Kundalini Fire.
    Upon entering the body, the energy runs along the main energy channel,
    before exiting through the Crown chakra. With an open Kundalini, a complete cleansing of the chakras, energy channels and body parts will be obtained over a period of time

12. solari

I've had a series of Kundalini Awakenings/Risings the past few months. It is truly life changing and very potent -- sometimes scarily so for some folks.

I would not be surprised at all if an awakening Kundalini was responsible for manifestations of MM symptoms and vertigo in some...

Ray

13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

that is very true ray about it bringing out manifestations of mm in some...........when i did mine it was very scary made me look at things in a different way and bought the bad stuff up to be dealt with but once it was done it did totally change me....

14. solari

To me it is all about rediscovering your authentic self. That and having faith in yourself and Spirit. Even though at times in the midst of my Kundalini risings where it felt like I had both a massive fireball and freight train blowing up through me, I knew there was a purpose behind it and let my intuition guide me because it has never steered me wrong.

Sarita, do you still practice Reiki?

Ray

15. June-

June- New Member

Is a healing request similar to a prayer request?

16. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Thanks for the info Amanda (you heathen new age bohemian!). As soon as I posted my remark, I thought I remembered you saying something about this at one time. Reiki and Qi Gong seem to have some common elements. I have done some Qi Gong with Tai Chi and when I read a post like yours, it makes me think I should really take up the practice in earnest.

17. solari

I've been interested in learning a combination of Reiki and Shamanism. They are quite similar -more than most realize.

Ray

18. egross

egross New Member

I had a very powerful experience with a Reiki healer during a difficult time toward the end of the second marriage. I felt this incredible energy release from my solar plexus and afterwards I was so relaxed and felt so peaceful I felt like a limp noodle. If it hadn't been so expensive I probably would have continued to have more sessions. But it was enough to make me realize how much I was keeping bottled up inside, that the love and trust was gone, and it wasn't good.

19. solari

had to get back on and tell you this before I forgot. During my meditation tonite on you, one thing I got that you should try practicing your Reiki on others because in some ways it is the best way to help heal yourself -- by giving and healing others.

Back to mine sweet dreams :)
    ray

20. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i dont see them as the same june but i think some people do :) prayers i feel are directed straight to our higher power/god/goddess whichever you call hin/her :)