So much for remission.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by bigfoot, Apr 28, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bigfoot

bigfoot New Member

Hi all,
    It has been a while, but I need to share. :--)

I joined this forum shortly after it started, but had to re-join in 2007 after a server problem.
    All my posts have gone, as I have not logged on for years.
    I got a great deal of comfort from the forum back then.
    Nobody understands MM like another sufferer, not your Doctor, Spouse, friend, no-one.

About ten years ago, my condition had reached the point where I could no longer function, I was in almost constant vertigo.
    I decided to have a labyrinthectomy, as there was no recoverable hearing in my left ear.
    Here in New Zealand, there was not a lot of support for MM in those days, it was a radical move.
    The vertigo ceased immediately after the procedure, and I soon adapted to the total hearing loss on that ear.
    I was very unsteady on my feet and had almost constant motion sickness, but I was happy with the improvement.

I have used Diazepam ever since to smooth out the bad days, I have never had any dependancy issues with this drug.
    I used SERC (betahistine dihydrochloride) for a while but dropped it eventually.
    Ten years later, I have learned to live with things and I cope quite well.

At least until this morning!!!!!
    I woke with a full-on vertigo attack, After ten years remission, I couldn't belive it!
    I am not a timid person, but the thought of those terrible years returning, just broke me up.
    MM scares the heck out of me, it was shear panic, thoughts of bi-lateral, imobilisation etc.
    My wife left me to my "silly disease" and headed of to work without me. Not a good start to the day.
    So, I hit the Diazepam and dug out the Serc, (big doses) and stayed in bed.
    After an hour, I seem to be getting on top of it, but still unsteady.

So here I am again guys, it's been seven years since I posted.
    Even though I don't recognise any of the old names, it seems like a comforting place to be right now.

I understand that "John's remedy" is worth looking at, any advice on this would be appreciated.

A kind wish to you all.
    Gerry / bigfoot
    (yes I have huge feet, like a Sasquach) :)

2. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

Gerry, I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to tell you I'm so, so sorry... Hope better days are ahead for you.

3. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Bigfoot - so very sorry that you have had this monster return. Not anything that I wish on anyone - even my worst enemy!

I would investigate anti virals - many people here have found success with these; I just started them a week ago (had to find a doctor to agree).

Also read thru the "cure that is working" thread that discusses the Stephen Spring protocol. It offers some insight into another option that some here have started. You would have to read through and then reach out to SS if interested to understand if it is something that you would like to pursue.

I am also sorry that your wife walked out this morning to leave you with your "silly disease". In my opinion this thing is hard enough without that kind of lack of support. I understand that not everyone can "get it" and grasp how bad it is with these attacks, but still....

Take care

4. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Welcome back, I guess. :-\

I don't know what was happening when you were here before, but a lot of people are finding relief with anti-virals now. You may want to search on Dr. Gacek

5. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Hi Bigfoot and so sorry you have the need to come back :( You are not alone, we all understand all too well. I would suggest trying to get a script for antiviral like acyclovir, and see if you get any relief from it. I have for over a year not had any vertigo attacks since starting AVs and so have many others.

6. Gracie

Gracie New Member

Sorta, kinda welcome back :). I am so sorry to read this.