Autoimmune Disease: Do I Have It? What Are The Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Jan 1, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

EH, my dear, dear man. Thank you so much for looking up and posting the information on AIED. I read through it all. I truly wish there were words that could help you understand how you sound. I'm certainy not going to tell you how to act. You're not being argumentive and I'm sure you're doing what you think is the right thing in offering information you have discovered on the internet.

A lot of people on this forum come from a very well-schooled pool of knowledge. They don't really need all the information you post randomly from the internet about Meniere's and Pharmaceuticals and supplements and such. Some of us need that knowledge and ask for it in a very specific way. Some of the people here have found complete relief from their symptoms and share that with others. We share our problems both physically and emotionally. We even have a play room where we go to laugh and have fun with each other.

I personally have absolutely no idea what's physically wrong with you. I know there are some emotional issues because you tell us every time you post. You're probably a great guy. You should try to let that guy out and talk about him. We'll like you, I promise.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I changed that to emotional because I used the wrong word for sure... sorry EH

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Well, I've been at this for a couple of decades working for the companies that developed the drugs we are using for what ails us today. I should have left my bias about that out at the curb.

The research I had pulled is current based on my experiences with all this. So it really wasn't going to be a random grab bag in the end. I used to sell diagnostic testing technology and the research is very antigen specific. But like I said, i'm more in the mood to let this thread drift away. So i'll let it.

I guess I need to get into the steam grotto more often and see what it is like. Its been a while.

4. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

EXACTLY how I was treated. Turned out, I had B12 deficiency, D deficiency, herpes zoster activity, AND cervical misalignment.

Most doctors don't even look for ONE silver bullet, in spite of many obvious smoking guns, let alone plenty of research.

DOCTORS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO EVEN GIVE A DIAGNOSIS OF MENIERE'S UNTIL THEY HAVE RULED OUT EVERYTHING ELSE.

I'm curious, Ellie--did YOUR doctors rule out everything else before giving you a diagnosis? If so, you would be the first on this forum to have experienced that.

I apologize if I sound confrontational--I don't mean to. I just find it very upsetting to see the advice "trust a professional" by someone who doesn't seem to realize that most if not all of us are here because the professionals we trusted missed something.

5. June-

June- New Member

I do not understand how a previous career selling medical instruments makes you knowledgable about the best treatments for Meniere's disease. Many people here have and have had careers in the sciences. Many of them draw different conclusions than you do. I think your contributions have to stand on their own, just saying "I know these people" does not verify your conclusions. You have to present them in an orderly concise way to draw much interest.

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

June I don't think I have all the answers. That is why this is the first sentence of the thread:

I am not literally asking if "I" have autoimmune disease. I started this thread to see what all the knowledgeable people here may say so that I may learn more about it. Anything anybody has to contribute that they know is the reason I started this thread.

People said they didn't understand why I started the thread. So I stated again to clarify that I am not asking if "I" have immune problems because I already know that I do, but I don't know how to get rid of it.

I said my ear is on fire if I don't treat it. I said I got the "shoulder shrug" treatment from the doctors when I ask what the cause is.

I said I pulled research, the best I can, from the experiences I have. It is research specific to my ear. If it seems dumb that I would hunt for research about my ear and ask for help looking at it, then for some reason I guess it is. But like I said, its ok, i'll mull through it myself and look for answers. I don't mind. Its ok.

7. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

make up your mind. You say you are "not literally asking if "I" have an autoimmune disease" yet the title of this post is "Topic: Autoimmune Disease: Do I Have It?" I think you need to make up your mind what you want. That sure would simplify matters. Good luck with it all.

8. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I already know I have it. I'm looking for a cure. I'm just really frustrated with it. I have tried to get rid of it every way I know how and nothing works. It destroyed my career. My family owns a lot of rental property so I survive. But I sure want my freedom back. I had it made. I had money to do what I want to do. I was happy. I was skipping along the surface with ease. Then "plunk" I went down like a sack of lead. I'm a survivor so I keep looking.

9. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

FWIW, my impression was that the thread is titled, "Autoimmune Disease: Do I have It? What Are The Symptoms?" as a kind of tutorial, not because EH is wondering if he has it. He posted it for the benefit of the readers, not because he is asking what the symptoms are; at least, that's my impression.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

What career did it ruin EH? I thought you left the Pharma industry voluntarily. Maybe it was a different career.

You are lucky you have a family to help, many don't.

Going back to your thread I still don't get how you were asking for help if, as you say, you were painting with a broad brush and then you were going to get down to specifics with us.

Here is a quote from you: " My intent for this thread was to illustrate some of the reasons and research for why I believe some of us are afflicted worse than others. From my research it seems that my genetics allowed autoimmune dysfunction to settle in the lateral ventricles of the brain. This is uncommon. It usually only happens to 1 in every few hundred people. The rest of the people become afflicted to varying degrees according to the research I have done."

Here is another quote: My intention for this thread was to start in broad fashion and then narrow down to certain specifics. I had some really good research to provide such as this one article on the basics and then I intended to get very specific.

I took that to mean you already had the answer based on your research and were just waiting to tell us once you got us interested.

I have to wonder if you have even bothered to go and look at Holly's auto-immune thread because I have not heard you mention all the interesting info. on that thread nor do I recall you asking any quetions there to help you on your search for relief. That seems to be where a lot of people who know about that specific disease are conversing.

11. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I think a brucella infection may have something to do with my problem, and maybe other people here. That was my reason for starting this thread. Then I saw 68kd antigen and "bovine" in Hollymm thread after the thread was pointed out to to me. Many years ago there was a brucella infection outbreak in this country. Supposedly milk was the vector the best I understand. In order to detect it the blood has to be put up to an 8.1 Ph level to make the pathogen crystal so it can be detected. If this is not specifically done the pathogen hides inside the cells and cannot be detected.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Stick a fork in me...

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Roflmao... Holly, you are so funny.

14. earshurt

earshurt New Member

But, from what I understand, and I am not the final word on this for sure, the blood can be sent off and raised to an 8.1 PH level and tested. That way the body itself does not have to go to an 8.1 PH level. I thought some people here may be able to help me research this and see what we can find. But another thread would be best as this one is tainted.

15. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I did leave voluntarily. After I left the pharma gig I went to oral/maxillofacial surgical sales. Immune problems are a broad brush. For the most part it is idiopathic. A collection of symptoms without a cause. Supposedly. But sick people are sick for some reason. Our culture does not look for causes as much as it gives treatments. Which basically is my point. My past experiences taught me that my companies never looked for causes. Provides a lot of treatment, but true research into cause is not the focus.

16. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

sheesh, I will be at least the third person to ask - have you read Holly's same topic? It's all there!

Is there another fork?

17. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I hand you this and then I am gone from this forum forever. I am limited as to what I am willing to say about this. But here it is.

brucella 1942

adios and good luck everybody

18. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

You can use my fork. I just decided to use the letter opener on my desk to gouge my eyes out instead.

19. CGR

CGR Guest

Is that anything like nutella?

20. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

eh, all you need to do is answer the questions people ask. Obfuscation is crappy means of communicating.

Be well.